Description[edit | edit source]
The Glorious AFB also known as "Skunks" are Tier-2 AoE units that are excellent at sustained field damage and are great at controlling the battlefield, able to create a playing field that's unfavorable for your opponent. Skunks themselves don't do damage, but instead shoot out gas canisters that creates a tile of noxious gas that lasts 15 seconds. Canisters that land in the same area will spread the gas to a nearby tile. Non-structure land enemy units that are in the gas take 3 damage over 1 second so as long as they remain in it.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Skunks naturally create a line of scrimmage as they fight, creating tiles of gas where the opponent won't generally won't want to fight in. That being said, skunks prefer to be in long fights rather that in short skirmishes as the longer they fight, the more of the battlefield they cover with their noxious fumes. If you want to take them out, do so quickly and preferably from the sky as the skunk's fumes can't reach up that high.
Playing with Skunks[edit | edit source]
Skunks are generally best used against a large group of low hp units, e.g. squirrels, lizards, toads, where their fumes will knock out a units within a few seconds. They are best off with a front line in front of them taking damage, while they are left to spread gas onto their field. Try to have to fire as often as they can so you can spread the gas as much as possible. Main thing you should watch out for is falcons as they can take out skunks without any trouble at all if you let them. Units such as squirrels, lizards, or pigeons pair nicely with skunks as they can either defend the skunks against other units and / or keep them alive so they can continue to lay down the gas. When you're on the offensive, you can often press forward knowing that you have a safety net behind you for several seconds, just in case you need to bail. However, if the enemy has defensive structures in place, pull the skunks back to let your other units take them out. However, keep them close so they're ready to fight if your opponent send other units to defend.
Playing Against Skunks[edit | edit source]
First thing to know is to not underestimate the gas. Keep in mind that gas-ed tiles remain for 15 second so each tile has the potential to do 45 hp worth in damage if you're not careful. If you can help it, avoid fighting in the fumes and back up before re-engaging the attack. Units that can close the gap against skunks can deal with them quickly, such as lizards or chameleons can rid of their smelly reign quickly. If they are not well defended, falcons can easily pick them off without taking any damage in return. Otherwise, snakes and foxes, can take out a few unsuspecting skunks before too much damage is take in return, particularly if you take a hit-and-run approach. If a skunk is starting to harass your base, place a few defensive structures, e.g. machine gun nest, sniper balloon, barbed wire, to prevent any further attempts.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Pre-Alpha 28:
- Is now 3 ATK, down from 4
- Pre-Alpha 27:
- now fire once per second, up from once every 2 seconds
- Pre-Alpha 26:
- Gas is now a 15 second duration, up from 10 seconds
- Now fire once per 2 seconds, down from once per 1 second
- Pre-Alpha 25:
- Are now 35 DEF, up from 30
- Now attack once per second, rather than once per two seconds
- Gas now lasts 10 seconds, down from 20
- Now stops moving for .25 seconds upon firing their weapon
- Pre-Alpha 24:
- gas now lasts 20 seconds, up from 15
- Pre-Alpha 23.01:
- Now have 30 DEF, up from 25
- Boar Flames and Skunk Gas can now occupy the same tile.
- Pre-Alpha 23:
- No longer has basic attack damage
- Can no longer hit structures
- DPS now reflect dps of gas.
- Pre-Alpha 22:
- HP: 30 -> 25
- Gas Duration: 30 sec -> 15 sec
- Pre-Alpha 19:
- Hitpoints now 30 (was 25)
- Pre-Alpha 16:
- Damage now 1 (was 2)
- Pre-Alpha 12:
- Hitpoints now 30 (was 25)
- Pre-Alpha 11:
- This patch changed the “damage per 5 seconds” system to a “damage per second” system.Therefore, damage values have to be divided by 5 before they are comparable.
- Gas now deals 2 damage/second (was 1 dmg/s)
- Pre-Alpha 7:
- Hitpoints now 25 (was 20)
- Pre-Alpha 6:
- Damage now 5 (was 10)
- Gas now lasts 30 seconds (used to last 60s)
- Pre-Alpha 4:
- Hitpoints now 20 (was 30)
- Damage now 10 (was 5)
|Tier 1||Squirrel • Lizard • Toad • Pigeon • Mole|
|Tier 2||Ferret • Chameleon • Falcon • Skunk • Snake|
|Tier 3||Badger • Boar • Fox • Owl • Wolf|
|Structures||Barbed Wire • Land Mine • Balloon • Turret • Artillery|